Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Picture Book #11 -- There's No Place Like Space



TITLE:   There's No Place Like Space
AUTHOR AND ILLUSTRATOR:   Tish Rabe, Aristides Ruiz
GENRE:Science
THEME:   Adventure
 AWARDS:None
 CHARACTERS: Cat in the Hat, Dick, Sally, Thing 1 and Thing 2 
PUBLISHING DATE AND COMPANY: Random House, 1999
SUMMARY: I really enjoyed this book because it is informational (the copy I read has nine planets, but there is a newer revised edition that takes out Pluto). This book is a great book because it is set up and written much like a Dr. Seuss book, and rhymes fantastically. This book gives a little bit of information for each planet, as well as the sun and the moon. I like that it is simple, and to the point, great for young readers, all the way up to I would say third grade (after that they may think it is a book for 'little kids'). I would use this book in a classroom that I was teaching about space as an introduction to the space unit, and it would also be a collaborative lesson because it would be reading as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment